Thursday, November 8, 2007

Newspaper club writing

Newspaper club students have been writing their articles. Here are some that we worked on yesterday. This is the first time we have tried this and we may do more editing before sharing our work with the school. We will be including pictures in our final version.

OPEN HOUSE
Open House was September 20. It was a night when you could go to school and check out the school. Families met teachers. There was a book fair in the cafeteria. There were cookies in the library. Open House was a nice evening.
-Rhys

THE MHP PLAYGROUND
Kids at MHP like to play on the school playground. Families helped build our playground two years ago. Our playground has monkey bars, a big fish, slides and swings. Kids love recess.
-Brandyn

PICTURE DAY
On October 24 and 25 we had picture day. We got our pictures taken. When I got my picture taken, I had to kneel down. When I got my pictures taken with my class I got to sit. When I got my picture taken I felt happy. I like my school pictures.
-Cara

THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
I was a little nervous on the first day of school because I didn’t know Mrs. Pettit very well. I got to pick my own seat. My best friend sat next to me. After a few days I felt a little better. The first day of school was fun and I love school very much now. It is fun. Today is the 45th day of school. We did a lot of hard work today, but I got it all done on time.
-Kelsey

MRS. FEENEY
Mrs. Feeney has taught at MHP for twelve years. Her husband is a high school gym teacher. They have two girls. Brandi is seven and Krista is four. The family likes to play games like golf and softball. Mrs. Feeney is a great teacher and I learn a lot!
-Lauren

HALLOWEEN PARTY
Friday October 19 was the Halloween party at school! There were games, sand art and other cool things! Kids ran around in the P.E. room! At the end of the Halloween party Mrs. Misch gave everybody a goody bag. The Halloween party was fantastic.
-Erin

HARVEST CELEBRATION
On October 31 we had a Harvest Celebration. It was real fun. Each class read a story and made costumes. All of us walked around the gym two times. We sang songs. Moms and dads were there. Then we had a ½ day to get ready for Halloween.
-Andrew

CAFÉ BINGO
We play Café Bingo at MHP. It is fun. We play it every year. People say a letter and if you have the letter, you say “Bingo”. If you say “Bingo”, you can get a prize like a book or a little toy to play with at home. At Bingo there are drinks and food.
-Brody

No comments: